Real Talk: December 3, 2022 -- You are the support

Hey everyone. This kinda serves as a "Part 2" to the last post, as it's related but felt worthy of its own post.

I've been very vocal about what efforts I'm involved in, sharing testimonies of people I've been able to help, and I am proud of those stories. However, I don't share any of that to "boost myself up," because it's not about me. Katie, Mari, and any others I have helped, it was all them. They did the work. I just showed them what was wrong in their situation and what they could do. They did the work. It's not about me.

That's another thing I want to make clear: I don't want people to think there's glory in this. There's no "I'm the one that did all this stuff." That's why when someone says something like "thank you for what you're doing," I get extremely uncomfortable. I don't want thanks or praise, because it isn't about me. It's about them. I am the support. That's all.

If you want to get involved, you are the support. You are not a hero. You are not a savior. You are showing them the strength they have but don't see. You're showing them the ability that they have but have been told they don't; you're revealing the truth to them and that's it. You are not doing anything but supporting them. It isn't about you.

The moment it becomes about you is the moment they aren't getting the care they need anymore. Everything should be about how they're doing, their well-being, and their care. End of story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resources - Organizations

"Sound Of Freedom" Movie - An Activist's Review

2023 Ride For Hope